Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mud Fest!

1. Muddy
2. Cloudy
3. Rainy
4. Monsoon-y
5. Drunk people-y
6. Ridiculous house party
7. Still Fun


Even though Mud Fest was all those things, Jin and I still had a good time. We made the most of the weather by walking around and exploring the rest of the beach-side town after they closed rides down because of the rain. We did a few things before it started raining, too. I "made" a mud/clay pot too! When it's delivered, I'll take pictures and post them on here. We also played a few shooting games and other arcade games at a little Korean amusement park. It was kinda like the run-down ones you see all the time in America.


The two things I would probably change next time though are the housing situation and transportation. For this first time, it's ok because I didn't know enough to organize it myself. However, next time I think taking a train will be just fine. Especially since almost everyone on the bus was drunk on the way to the beach at 8 in the morning. And a 3-4 hour bus ride with drunk people is not the best way to travel, let me tell you.

The house itself was good... and it was nice to be in a house even though everyone was crowding in. But I forgot how drunk people have no sense of decency or courtesy for other people. Jin and I would leave the house to come back and find some drunk person crashing on our stuff. Yuck. Drunk people also don't know how to close doors when people are sleeping. Sheesh. The house party went till 4am (at least), which was to be expected... but still, next time I think I'll go camping and just wash myself off in the ocean. It's not like I took a shower in that nasty bathroom anyway. (What is also a mystery to me is how couples could go into that nasty bathroom to do nasty things... it's the size of a very small closet!)


Anyway, the ride back was not bad. We left early due to a monsoon warning and them kicking everyone out of the water. But the waves were fantastic to watch! (I did feel bad for the lifeguards though... there was more than one hungover/drunk foreign skinny dipper. The ones I saw were all male, and I think I've had my fill of white butts for awhile.) But the bus ride back did take 2 hours longer than normal... mostly due to the heavy rain. It was kind of tedious, but I still enjoyed it overall because of Jin's company.

Maybe I'll go back next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment