Saturday, June 26, 2010

Count of Monte Cristo

Last night I went to a musical performed by Keimyung University (게명대) Arts program in their Student Arts Center. It was amazing! I haven't been to a musical since Chicago, and I had forgotten how much I loved them.

Their singing was INCREDIBLE. The stage effects were also very creative-- especially the prison scenes. I wish I could've taken pictures during the performance!

Sooo... only downside was that it was in Korean. (Of course. hehe) But there's a LOT you can pick up from body language and tone of voice, etc. You'd be surprised! Thankfully, when I wasn't exactly sure what was going on my friend Hong-sung helped me out.


At the end of the show a pretty amazing thing happened: half of the people in the theater whipped out their cameras to record the actors "finale," when they come out and bow and sing all together. It was like it was an "unwritten rule" for them that it was ok because they ALL did it at the same time! It was crazy. (Just another example of Korean's funny uniformity--hehe).

Anyway, even though mine was a little delayed, I tried to do the same thing:

No comments:

Post a Comment